My son Roo is on a kick where he will eat nothing but pancakes. Seriously. Nothing but pancakes! So when my pals at Fruttata sent me this recipe I knew we had to try it to bring a little something to the daily pancakes that my son insists on eating.
I loved that I could add something nutritious to his favorite food and jazz them up a little. He was not thrilled with the idea of bananas being added in, but when he realized I wasn't making a second batch of plain ones he ate them.
Fruttata Banana Pancakes
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1.25 cups milk
- cooking spray
- .36 oz bag of Fruttata Banana crisps freeze dried fruit
- Sift together flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk in melted butter, egg, and milk until combined. Let batter rest 5 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into skillet, 1/4 cup of batter each pancake.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and add contents of dried fruit bag chopped into smaller desired pieces.
- Cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes
Do you have a favorite fruit pancake recipe? I would love to hear about it.