It seems like only yesterday I was preparing to meet her; my belly bulged and my body ached, my bags were packed. Somehow, she is turning 3. Her hair is long and golden blonde; her legs are long and for an almost 3 year old she is tall. She knows her colors, her shapes, her ABC's and she can count to 12. She is ready to say bye bye to diapers and is quick to announce when she needs to go pee.
We have been using Pampers Easy Ups with Harper because they are easy for her to pull up and down whenever she needs to hit the potty. I love that the sides are secure and don't have velcro to hold them together, with a little one that might need to pull her big girl pants up and down a few times before changing that is important to me.
Harper got incredibly excited to see Dora on her Easy Ups! She could hardly wait to get her easy up on and her diaper off after spying the package and I knew right away that this adventure in underwear training was going to go well, with that kind of enthusiasm, it had to!
I have a few tips to share with other moms who are potty training, I have used both of these with my kids with stellar results.
1) Make sure you have potty chairs available to your child. One potty is not enough, we have a 2 story home, so I have 2 pottys per floor available. If she needs to go, I want her to be able to go!
2) Praise the child when she goes to the potty! We give high fives and fist bumps every time she goes. We might be high-fiving 15 times a day, but it gets excited!
3) Use a product designed with your little one in mind, like Pampers Easy Ups.
4) Let her pick out her own panties as a motivator.
5) Don't stress. Accidents happen. Every child develops differently and when the time is right, your little one will start consistently using the potty. The best thing you can do is to be positive about the potty for your little one.
If your little one is ready to begin working towards the milestone of underwear training, you won't want to miss this chance to print a $2 coupon for your Easy Ups purchase!
I also want to give you a chance to win an Underwear Training Prize pack that includes:
- $50 AMEX Card
- Pampers Easy Ups
- Ilana Wile's book, "The Mommy Shorts Guide to Remarkably Average Parenting"
This giveaway ends on 10/4 and is open to US residents 18+.